REACHING THE LOST AT ANY COST:
Luke 14:23 Jesus said: “Go into the highways and the byways and compel them to come in that my house may be filled.”
Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them saying, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
TEACH OTHERS TO DO THE SAME:
Colossians 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Matthew 10:7-8 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
1. We believe in: The Bible (2 Tim 3:16-17)
2. We believe in: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (The Trinity) (Matt 28:16-20)
3. We believe: Jesus is God (John 1:1-4; John 14:8-10) (1.) He became a man and was born of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:26-45). (2.) He lived a sinless life (1 Peter 2:21-24), went about doing good, and healed all who were oppressed of the devil (Acts10:38). (3.) He died on a cross for the sins of all mankind, rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-6) and ascended into heaven (Acts 1:9-11). (4.) He lives forever at the right hand of the Father and has sent the Holy Spirit to help us (Romans 8:34; Acts 1:8-9)
4. We believe: All humans live in a fallen state of sin and the only way to be forgiven and saved from Hell is by accepting Jesus as Savior. (Romans 3:23/Romans 6:23)
5. We believe: Jesus is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for us. (Hebrews 7:22-25)
6. We believe: We are to be holy like God and separate ourselves from sin. (1Peter 1:15-16) (Hebrews 13:4; Ephesians 5:3, 17-19) (Matthew 5:28) (Luke 12:15, 34; 1Timothy 6:9-10)
7. We believe in: Being baptized in water after accepting Jesus and partaking of Communion in remembrance of Him. (Matthew 28:19) (1 Corinthians11:23-26)
8. We believe in: The Baptism of the Holy Spirit to receive power to tell people about Jesus, to pray in tongues & to operate in the gifts of the Spirit. (Acts 1:4-8; Acts 2:4; 1Corinthians12:7-11)
9. We believe in: The Church and its Mission to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything Jesus commanded. (Matthew 28:18-19)
10. We believe in: The second coming of Christ, the rapture of the church, the thousand year Millennial Reign & the Final Judgment (Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Revelation 20:1-15)
1. To Worship God & Give Him Glory (John 4:23-24)
2. To Introduce People to Jesus (Luke 14:23)
3. To teach the People in our Church to Love, Serve & Give (Colossians 2:6-7)
These three things should be embedded into the spiritual DNA of everyone @ Mount Hope.
We Love: The Bible says that “love never fails” so at Mount Hope Church we love to love. Jesus told us to love God, love others and love ourselves. We love God by worshipping Him, learning His Word and living by faith. We love others by serving each other, our leaders & the lost and we show that by not “trash talking” others. We love ourselves by taking care of ourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually, and spending time with God in prayer and in the Bible everyday! At Mount Hope we love to love!
1 John 4:7-8, Psalm 133:1-3; John 15:9-12, 3 John 2, 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, & 13
We Serve: Jesus said if we want to be great in God's kingdom, we must be the servants of all. Our God-given gifts and divine destiny come together when we serve the Lord through serving others in our Church. Everyone can and should be employed serving the Lord in one way or another. We volunteer our talents as ushers, greeters, cooks, janitors, nursery workers, band members and more. We are not consumers or spectators, we make sacrifices to serve. At Mount Hope we love to serve!
Mark 10:30-45, John 13:1-5 & 12-17, 2 Corinthians 1:1-2 & 8-11
We Give: Jesus gave His life. We give our time and our tithe at church so others can have the opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus Christ. We give our time to work around the church which may include cleaning up, providing rides or praying for someone. We give our tithe which is 10% of our income, as the Bible commands, and also give offerings to missions. Jesus said that where our treasure is, that's where our heart is. We don't expect others to pay our way; instead, we are generous in everything we do. We are faithful messengers, good stewards and extravagant in our generosity. At Mount Hope we love to give!
Luke 6:30-31; 38, Luke 6:38